Announcements

[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back Sorting options

It appears the improved functionality in the desktop app that differentiated it from the webplayer has been removed in the current version.

For playlists that have lots of music, it is very useful to be able to sort those playlists.

We look forward to this feature being restored.

image.png

Updated on 2020-09-16

Hey there,

We're setting this to Case Closed since the test involving the removal of the Sorting options on the Desktop app ended.

If you keep missing these options, make sure to reinstall the app and double-check it's on the latest version.

If you're still missing them, also make sure you're not using the Web Player (in place of the Desktop App).

Cheers!

Comments
Casual Listener

It's worth noting you also cannot delete attached images so that you can correct the spelling on your playlist name.

Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-05-15

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Hey again @xedoric - 

Regarding the troubles you're experiencing with the attachment in your idea, we'd recommend starting a new thread in the relevant Help Board. We'll be happy to lend a hand there and take a closer look into what's happening. 

Let us know how you get on!

Have a lovely day 🙂 

Absolutely crazy that they would remove such a fundamental functionality on the desktop version. Why?

This feature is an valued essential for anyone using Spotify. I cannot stress enough the NEED for the return of this feature.

Casual Listener

I vote for this too, I don’t understand why Spotify keeps removing features.

Roadie

This isn't even a "new idea". It's a feature regression that needs to be fixed.

Casual Listener

They didn't just remove sorting in playlists, they removed all features which separated the desktop app from the web player by simply replacing the desktop app by the web player for randomly choosen users.

Please vote here for being able to switch between the versions (or cancelling the test or upgrade):

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Allow-an-optional-switch-between-desktop-and-web...

It’s EXTREMELY annoying adding a bunch of podcasts to my queue, listening for a bit, and then switching to music. Then suddenly after my first song I’m plunged back into my queue of podcasts and then have to empty the queue so that I can listen to music continuously and lose my podcast queue.