[Desktop][Playlists] Bring back listener count in 'Discovered On' section

Spotify has recently chosen to hide the Numbers of playlist listeners in the "Discovered On" section.

This is absolute nonsense:
First problem: it was a cool way for emerging artists to find new playlists to be placed in (I have personally reached 17.000 monthly listeners using this method), and we all know that emerging artists that rely on Spotify streams, will bring new public to Spotify, pushing new people to use it.

Second problem: playlist curators that actually have active followers, won't be able to show it anymore, this way, playlist curators with nonactive followers will be privileged. This will bring artists not to rely on Playlist curators anymore, making it even harder for new emerging artists to grow in the platform.

This can only create an even bigger gap between small and big artists. Instead of helping people who really spend tons of hours on Spotify to grow, the platform seems to reduce what can be considered a useful tool for this purpose.

Let's keep it.

Screenshot 2020-01-29 08.39.40.png

Screenshot 2020-01-29 08.39.28.png

Updated on 2021-05-20

According to the Idea Exchange Guidelines, the place to submit constructive criticism of an update is the relevant Help section of the Community. For more information, check out the Guidelines here.

Comments
GabriVmusic
Music Fan

Update: I emailed customer artists service, I asked the reason behind this choice and if there were any other possibilities to get to know the missing numbers. They said they don't have any information about it.

joshua_MM_
Casual Listener

I really liked this playlists and I think I hope you like it

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5lO837zLDscW2ldyDF35mR

peterbeau
Roadie

"This can only create an even bigger gap between small and big artists."

This is what Spotify wants IMO. They keep on implementing the whole App in favour of big artists while saying they "want to" promote the smaller, independent artists. Nah!

Spotify, hear me? Bring back that stupid little thingy. PLease!

Jacob
Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-20

According to the Idea Exchange Guidelines, the place to submit constructive criticism of an update is the relevant Help section of the Community. For more information, check out the Guidelines here.

Related Ideas