[Desktop][Playlists] Cut tracks from a playlist and add a track to multiple lists at once

BACKGROUND:
When I'm in 'discovery' mode and listen to new music, I go through a workflow before I deem a song 'worthy' of going to a playlist of which I re-listen to daily. I usually start by adding tracks to a NEW-GENERAL list.. and then by the end of th week, I go through that list of new found stuff and see which of the tracks I'd love to re-listen to. If they don't get old after a second or third listen, I disperse them to various lists. 

I think the following features would make life easier in this workflow but also would save a lot of other users time in performing quick actions:

1. Allow a user to 'cut' a track to another list. What this combines actions: move to another list and delete from source list into one. In my case, I'd cut a track form my NEW-GENERAL and move it, to say, ROCK. This would save me having move first than go back to NG and remove thet rack.

2. Allow the ability to add and/or cut to multiple other lists.  This would combine the action of moving a song to one list then moving the same song to another list then deleting the song from the a source list. In order to aid this proces, when you right-click on a track and select cut, you would see a regular fold out of your playlists (like you do when you select 'move to playlist'), but in this case there would be a small checkbox next to each playlists that would allow for multiple selections.

CUT.png

Updated on 2019-07-27

Hey @nysteve 

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

In the meantime, similar ideas have also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Playlists-Add-Song-to-Multiple-Playlists-at-Once/...

If possible, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-07-27

Hey @nysteve 

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

In the meantime, similar ideas have also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Playlists-Add-Song-to-Multiple-Playlists-at-Once/...

If possible, please vote for it, and add a comment there, so they may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)