[Desktop][Playlists] Display pinyin

I listen to a lot of foreign songs especially in Mandarin and if I don't know the character for the name of the songs I can't copy song titles to find the lyrics or even to search to find more songs from that artist without opening that specific playlist and scrolling to find the song/artist. 

我最喜欢音乐 - 我的朋友

Good luck going through all the characters that exist to out what each of them individually mean.

I've heard that this was implemented due to copyright but realistically if the songs use the roman alphabet what's stopping me from just writing it out...

Updated on 2021-04-03

Hey @JeepThebeast,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

As @maeveynot mentions a similar idea (that would cover your suggestion) has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
maeveynot
Regular

Hi there! You may be interested in this issue that I thought about after reading your idea. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Browse-Show-both-local-language-title-and-...

Unfortunately, my example there is also an example of why automatic romanization is a hard problem: not all locales where Mandarin is spoken use Hanyu Pinyin exclusively. Ms. Tsai's name, as I'm writing it here, is based on Wade-Giles. The precise reason for this is unfortunately a highly political topic.

I think you would be served by the ability to easily copy titles and names to the clipboard, and I would very much like that feature as well, so I'm still voting for this and would also vote for a more narrowly-scoped issue about that.

Elena
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-04-03

Hey @JeepThebeast,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

As @maeveynot mentions a similar idea (that would cover your suggestion) has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

More info on how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!