[Desktop][Playlists] Marking played songs in playlists

The playlists here on Spotify are one of my featrues as it allows me to listen to new music and not have to constantly choose what i'm playing. Though it can be hard to find where you left off in a playlist, especially long ones, and you don't want to replay tracks as it can get old to listen to the same songs over again. My suggestion is it would be nice if there were some sort of indiciator which shows songs already played in a playlist. This would make it much easier to find where you left off and continue listening, without the fustration of finding that same starting point. 

Updated: 2016-03-21

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
rednblu
Roadie

Why don't you just DragAndDrop  the whole playlist to the top of your "Play Queue"?

Whatever songs you play will disappear from the top of your "Play Queue".

When you exit without logging off, you will restart with your "Play Queue" exactly as you left it.

Of course, you need a functional Desktop-- such as 0.9.x

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-03-30

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

cworth

I don't think "marking played songs" is what I actually want for this feature, (once I've listened to all songs in a playlist, I'd still like to be able to find my place in the playlist on a second run through).

The feature I want is for playlists to automatically remember the track they were last playing when the playlist is selected again, (and even the position within the track---which would be useful for spoken-material tracks like auidobooks).

In the meantime, without this feature, I'm simply using the "save to music/remove from music" toggle as a means to manually bookmark my position in a playlist. That's a user-interface hack, obviously, but it at least works.

To reply to rednblu, for me the "play queue" doesn't work for this feature at all. If I'm llistening to a classical-music playlist during work one day, I want to pick up where I left on that playlist the next day. In between, I may be using my play queue for other music, so I can't just use the play queue to manage playlist bookmarks like I want.

giantslor
Casual Listener

Yes, this is a good alternative to the idea of bookmarking one's place in a playlist.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-03-21

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!