[Desktop][Playlists] The "Go to" function needs to return, come on now!

The "Go to" function that existed previously when you right clicked on the song you were currently listening to should return! You know clicking on the picture in the bottom left corner/the cover of the song. That function is lifeblood... I mean everything around the music itself is what makes Spotify stand out (to me). You can explore, modify lists, send messages/songs/lists and so much more…and all that in an effective and comfortable way.

So when you remove the function that allows two simple clicks (right click, go to), you make sure it´s gonna be hard for me to do other stuff while listening to music. That is because I need to find the song manually every single time I do something else and want back to that list. We also have the reality that people makes lists with hundreds of tracks, so if you´re checking your list while listening to a song in it, you can save yourself the endless scrolling to get back to it...

Imagine my case. I have many folders with many lists in them. So if I go looking for my music in other lists, or do anything else Spotify has to offer (such as exploring, building new lists, sending messages) and want back to that song from which the current song is playing (or just the list the song is in)... then I need to scroll among folders, search among the lists, then open the big list I´m listening to and scroll down to the song that´s on, or another song in that list, if that´s what I´m looking for. And it´s not strange to want to go back to the list or even the song itself; our memory and habits (how we tend to sort list in a more frequent way by either date, artists, alphabetical order etc.) makes us remember what songs are close to other songs, so we navigate with references. I could click on the "previous action/previous page" button 10 times, but why? The “Go to” function is much more effective.

Anyways, even if this isn´t reason enough, why shouldn´t you have it? What bad could come out of adding the function, and obviously some people like it? It´s such a simple way to navigate and I can´t imagine it´s something that´s super challenging to implement?

Thanks for your time,

keep rocking,

Cleverusername

Updated: 2015-04-10

Hello and thanks for the feedback!
This feature is confirmed by Spotify to return in upcoming updates of the desktop version.

Any news regarding this request will be announced in this topic here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Bring-back-clicking-on-album-art-to-jump...

0 Likes
Comments
cleaverusername
Regular

Sorry, I made some errors while writing. Here is the corrected version of the part that got messed up, if you´re having a hard time understanding my point in that section:

*Imagine my case. I have many folders with many lists in them. So if I go looking for my music in other lists, or do anything else Spotify has to offer (such as exploring, building new lists, sending messages), while listening to a song/list and want back to the song/list for some reason...then I need to scroll among folders, search among the lists, then open the big list I´m listening to and scroll down to the song that´s on, or another song in that list, if that´s what I´m looking for.*

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate
Updated: 2015-04-10

Hello and thanks for the feedback!
This feature is confirmed by Spotify to return in upcoming updates of the desktop version.

Any news regarding this request will be announced in this topic here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Bring-back-clicking-on-album-art-to-jump...