[Desktop][Podcasts] Refund for users who signed up for premium because it was ad free

Spotify is no longer ad free for Premium users.

***SPOTIFY STAFF PLEASE READ AND REFLECT BEFORE RESPONDING: No, I'm NOT talking about the usual ads that the podcasters themselves read out during their shows. (embedded ads) I'm talking about the ads that I assume Spotify inserts into the podcasts, maybe assuming the listeners wouldn't notice - when these play the track name switches to something like "Advertisement" and the status bar restarts and moves to the end before returning to the podcast track. The actors and audio quality are totally novel in comparison to the podcast. I was relistening to a podcast, and the Spotify-inserted ads I had never heard before and were for new, current stuff - compared to the embedded ads, which I had heard before and were for old things.***

I was shocked when I started hearing ads like I used to with my free subscription. I thought my payment hadn't gone through. But it had and my settings still display that I have a Premium subscription. 

I'd like a refund for all the months I have seen ads, as it appears according to answers for people raising this problem, Spotify wants to keep showing these ads to Premium users.

I didn't agree to it and wasn't warned about these changes before the money was taken from my account. So I think we should have the option of a refund. 

I couldn't find out where to raise this issue with Spotify directly so I'm just posting it here.

The only reason I wanted a premium subscription was to avoid ads on what I was listening to. 

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Duplicate suggestions. If there’s already an existing Idea, you can just add your vote to it.
  • Unclear suggestions. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed. That’s because we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Ideas about pricing, subscription or content related requests. We cannot influence those.
  • Ideas about availability in other countries.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Mario
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-02

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this Idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Duplicate suggestions. If there’s already an existing Idea, you can just add your vote to it.
  • Unclear suggestions. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed. That’s because we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Ideas about pricing, subscription or content related requests. We cannot influence those.
  • Ideas about availability in other countries.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.