[Desktop][Podcasts] Right-click to hide suggestions

My spotify home page is trying to get me to try podcasts. Fair enough!

However, some of the suggestions really rub me the wrong way. I can handle it - I am a big boy, but I also really value the ability to customize Spotify into an environment that gives me good vibes.

This specific scenario concerns the "Shows to try" row on the homepage. (it may still be applicable to any kind of suggestion)

This is just a suggestion, but: Please implement a function to right click and choose "not interested" for these suggestions, which would hide them from view.

I like Spotify for its delivery of good vibes into my life. Regardless of overblown-ness of condemnation, the face of Jordan Peterson does not give me good vibes, nor does "**bleep** Town" written in text that looks like **bleep**. Et cetera et cetera. I'm not chastising the software for making the suggestions. However, not having the ability to hide the suggestions puts me off (both in terms of mood, and in terms of willingness to use Spotify).

You can even gather data on what user chooses to hide what podcast, get some metrics out of it. Win-win. It's gonna be great.

Thank you.

PS. Please don't conflate this suggestion with other suggestions like "Remove Joe Rogan" - Though I wouldn't mind removing his visage from my home page, what I ask for is the functionality to right click and hide / choose "not interested".

Updated on 2021-06-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.

Comments
Moozie
Visitor

Agreed, I think there should also be an option to do the same to recommended songs, not recommended songs are better than my recommended podcasts, but there's certain genres of music Spotify thinks I like, and I don't, it would be nice to update my algorithm to be closer to my taste.

It's also good for people who may change their taste and wants their Spotify to spot recommending them stuff they no longer like.

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.

Related Ideas