Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Picture-in-Picture for lyrics

Hi. Finally the lyrics arrived on Spotify. I’m really happy about this and now I think Spotify is really at the top of every music platform. But I wanted to propose something about the desktop app (PC & MAC) that miss. 

It would be great to put the possibility of having the lyrics in Picture-In-Picture, function already present on Musixmatch, platform with which you have the collaboration on the lyrics. 

I hope that the ideas will be taken into consideration 

Updated on 2023-01-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
AgustinRangel

Add a feature where you can pop out just lyrics when you're just doing homework or something else and have the lyrics on a window with transparency option.

Mario
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-10-19

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Colin12345

I would like to vote but this closed... probably wasnt visible enough. Do a survey & you will get 1000's wanting this.

Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-22

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

yannick96

I'm happy to have lyrics in Spotify now. Unfortunately I see myself not getting to use it much on Windows because I don't have the screen space to always have the “big” Spotify Window open. 

It would be amazing if there was a popout mode for the lyrics screen that can be resized to a small window that can be placed in the corner of my screen. That way I could do other stuff, listen to music and still glance at the lyrics from time to time.

avidmusiclistener

Great idea! Something similar to the miniplayer of youtube.

This way one could do other things while at the same time listening, reading and perhaps singing along, looking at the lyrics without switching windows.

avidmusiclistener

Same as this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Other-Picture-in-Picture-for-lyrics/idi-p/529977...

Please vote that same idea above to get it through (it is the same but has more votes right now, so more chances to pass)!

yannick96

I agree! Having this would be extremely useful. I just don't see myself having Spotify open all the time, it takes up way too much screen real estate. A small PIP window would be excellent 👌🏻

ps: I actually made a post for the same idea, sorry! I didn't notice that this one had already been created earlier

Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-11-23

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

Cheers!