Announcements

[Desktop] Put all of an artist's songs back on their page

The new update is horrible. Please change artist pages back to the way they were before. I hated the mobile artist pages, why would you ruin the desktop too? Just show all of their albums on one page, I don't want to have to click back and forth between 10 different pages to view an artist's music. This isn't "streamlined" -- you've added way more work to the process. Before, the main thing on an artists page was all of their songs. This makes sense, since listening to music is the literal entire point of this application. Now you can only see the 10 most popular songs on their page, and their 4 most recent albums. You can't play anything other than the top 10 songs from their page, you have to click into an album first. But wait! If it's not one of the four albums displayed on their page, then you have to click into the all albums page, then click into the album, then you can finally actually play your music! God forbid you want to queue up a couple songs from DIFFERENT albums, now you'll have to waste your time clicking back and forth between all these pages. It was way more streamlined before, when the actual music, which should be the primary concern of the app, was the focal point of the artist's page and was all in one place. 

Updated on 2021-03-30

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re going to close this as a duplicate since a similar idea has already been suggested here. If you could add your vote and comments there, that helps to keep things tidy! 

More info on why your idea has been closed and how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Xef

I too discovered this right now. As I listened through the top 10 on an artist the music of course continued to the next album, as it has always done. But where then is this album located? I found my current song and album under Discography -> See all. The album was not located on the front page even thought it is the latest full length album. A bunch of singels were located on the front page instead.

OP also brings up a good point. What if I want to queue tracks from multiple albums?

To be honest and to put it mildly, this update to the interface is terrible. What were you thinking? For the love of music, PLEASE bring the scrollable discography back!

Br

X

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-03-30

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re going to close this as a duplicate since a similar idea has already been suggested here. If you could add your vote and comments there, that helps to keep things tidy! 

More info on why your idea has been closed and how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.