[Desktop][Radio] Bring back "Thumbs Up" to Radio Stations to add songs to "Liked from Radio"

Due to a recent change in the UX / UI, Spotify no longer allows users to right-click on Songs, Albums or Artists to create auto-generating Radio Stations. Moreover, the "Thumbs Up" function which would add the song(s) to a playlist called "Liked from Radio" has been removed.

It used to be the case that when I right-clicked on any song, album or artist to "Go to Song Radio" or "Go to Artist Radio" a radio playlist would appear. This playlist would auto-update as you proceeded through it, listening to the songs, and would modify the upcoming songs based on whether you clicked "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down". The songs on which you clicked "Thumbs Up" would also be added to an auto-generated Playlist called "Liked from Radio". This feature now no longer appears.

I have looked up this issue on the Community forum and online in general but nothing comes up which seems to replace this function. The closest thing I have found when reading about people's similar issues is that it could / should have been replaced by a "Heart" / "Stop sign" button. However, neither of these appear on my auto-generated Radio stations either. One strange thing is that I have managed to locate certain pages / subsections of Spotify where both the thumbs up / down and the heart / stop sign do still appear, but there does not appear to be any consistency to when this occurs.

I was told by a Spotify customer support agent in a chat that this is due to a recent intentional update to the UI / UX, but I cannot see any obvious gain / benefit presented by the change, whereas I can personally confirm that there are distinct disadvantages and a marked reduction in the use / function of the platform in general.

Please bring back these functions to Song Radio and Artist Radio Stations. Being able to shape the auto-generating algorithm and add the songs to the "Liked from Radio" playlist is surely one of the most useful functions of Spotify and I am anxious to have it back.

Updated on 2019-03-18

Hey and thanks for posting! 

Similar ideas have already been suggested here and here

Take a look at the reply by Peter in this thread, to read about the recent changes made to the Radio. 

However, if you still want to play a radio, you can go to the bottom of the playlist, play the last song and click next, then it'll redirect you to an actual radio station based on the song/artist, not a playlist, where you'll have the thumbs up option (just be sure the shuffle is turned off) : )

Also, if you have autoplay turned on and you reach the end of the playlist,  a radio station will be automatically generated based on that playlist. 

You still have your followed radio stations under the "Stations" tab in Your Music

Hope that clear things up, happy listening!

Comments
C-Rua

I agree 100%!

I used spotify radio all the time and found it an excellent way of finding new music in the style that I was listening to at that time. Now this feature has disappeared I haven't used the radio once as the auto generated playlists are garbage.

Please bring this back spotify!

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-03-18

Hey and thanks for posting! 

Similar ideas have already been suggested here and here

Take a look at the reply by Peter in this thread, to read about the recent changes made to the Radio. 

However, if you still want to play a radio, you can go to the bottom of the playlist, play the last song and click next, then it'll redirect you to an actual radio station based on the song/artist, not a playlist, where you'll have the thumbs up option (just be sure the shuffle is turned off) : )

Also, if you have autoplay turned on and you reach the end of the playlist,  a radio station will be automatically generated based on that playlist. 

You still have your followed radio stations under the "Stations" tab in Your Music

Hope that clear things up, happy listening!