[Desktop] Refresh-botton for the podcast section

Since podcasts are published every day, and often while I have the desktop app running on my computer, it would be a great improvement if there was a posibility to refresh the Spotify cataloge without having to restart the app.

Background:

Often I let the desktop app open over night at my computer, and when I want to listen to the fresh podcast episodes released since I last opened the app, I have to close and reopen the app in order for the new episodes to become availeble. I have not managed to find any way to do this without having to close/restart the app.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-10-23

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-29

Marked as new idea.

Archon_SD

More than a year after this was reported, this is still a problem.

Archon_SD

This should not be marked as a new idea..  it needs to be treated as a bug.  The program does not update its' feed.  It's irresponsible to force you and me to close the app to refresh the list of podcast shows that you've subscribed to.

The fact that it's marked as a 'new idea', and hasn't been touched in nearly a year, tells me there's no intention of fixing this crazy easy *bug* to fix.  There shouldn't have to even be a refresh button.  The app should update your podcast list of episodes on a regular basis.  Not every show is daily.  There are shows that are posted every few hours..  and some are once a week.  Spotify needs to treat this like the *BUG* that it is, and fix it.  The app needs to auto-refresh the podcast list when you view it.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-10-23

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!