[Desktop] Revert this stupid Apr-Mar 2021 update please.... ROLLBACK

The UI is ruined, it makes everything difficult. The search bar was moved when literally no one had an issue with where it was positioned. The search history holds less results, with big icons that are ugly, useless, and don't need to be there as opposed to a list of searches like a browser history with MANY results that were sleek, thin, easy to click... Furthermore, you click on an artist and it doesn't allow you to see all songs from all albums and singles in a single playlist, instead it makes you have to click on each album! The organization of playlists on the left is atrocious, not to even mention your library which is now an utter mess... Connect with Facebook? And how long is that gonna stay in my way until I actually connect my Facebook? Huh?! That's a LOT of wasted space, FORCING you to connect your Facebook. This update was FORCED to users, with no warning, no heads up, it automatically does it itself and does not have a setting or ask for permission to update, and now I have asked Spotify to help me rollback, and they couldn't get me the original version I liked, instead they gave me an ancient version of Spotify. And removing the visualizer and visuals on songs, I LOVED that and they took it away. Like one song I used to listen to called "Easy" would make butterflies flutter across screen with nice lightshows, streams of colours, and multiple angles, etc... It was a BEAUTIFUL touch back then, what happened?! Now it's gone and it makes me sad they keep downgrading this application. They need to add those visuals back WITH THE ABILITY TO TURN IT ON AND OFF MIND YOU!! Devs, If you would, please take a moment to read your forums, and reddit about the Apr-Mar 2021 update and witness the frustrations, instead of experimenting on us like Guinea pigs how about they add more USEFUL instead of useLESS features, song visuals/gifs that are high quality, a visualizer, custom skins and themes, equalizers, settings for Surround sound, more device support. PLEAASSSEEE stop touching the UI! No touchy, or whackity smack! Do not touch that, no!! Stop, please stop doing this to people...  NONE OF US USE A 1990 COMPUTER THAT CANNOT HANDLE IT!! So why are we trying to make the desktop lighter on resources?! You're talking 2021, we all use good computers. At least good enough to handle this app LOL!!!!!!!! Now, with how much research and study they do, you'd think they'd know better than this, what are they doing though? Having middle school script kiddies work on this??? Anyone here know how to make websites and script, make things PROFESSIONALLY that have a brain, were taught in school with highest degrees, and are capable or making people cry at their perfect craftsmanship, please go help these guys out... Spotify team doesn't know what they're doing... You will have to excuse me being royally angry, and blunt as a blow to the head, but it's needed... Who is in charge of all this?!

Updated on 2021-05-14

Hey @Radar0926,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 6: No requests for complete roll-backs.

If you don’t like a certain update you’re welcome to let us know, constructively, how you feel about it. You could start a new topic in the relevant Help section and outline the things you agree or disagree with. This will likely also invite others to come and give their thoughts and now we’ll have a dialogue going.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Radar0926
Casual Listener

I should also mention. The gifs/song visuals I'm talking about were animated album/song art, not an actual visualizer but both the visualizer and animated album arts were good ideas. AND, This update was a beta that was already tested on people who didn't like it. It's not a waste to throw out trash ideas, it's back to the drawing board and sure it wastes, but if no one likes it, it's not worth releasing and replacing a version people were ok with... And it appears that they are not taking inspiration from these forums, I don't even know if anyone reads these until now, NOW you will pay attention to these I bet my top dollar... 

potatoquality18

I also want to add: Why the need to include album artwork on every playlist? The list get smaller due to the fact that every row of songs now has album art, making browsing music experience sucks.

obarr
Casual Listener

Some dumb interns decided they needed to justify their existence so they make the app worse in everyway. Why would a useable app be needed when you can have box tiles everywhere taking up the whole screen. 

bebedelasauce
Visitor

Yes!, now its so laggy and everything its so big. 

Elena
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-14

Hey @Radar0926,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 6: No requests for complete roll-backs.

If you don’t like a certain update you’re welcome to let us know, constructively, how you feel about it. You could start a new topic in the relevant Help section and outline the things you agree or disagree with. This will likely also invite others to come and give their thoughts and now we’ll have a dialogue going.

Thanks for understanding.

Related Ideas