[Desktop][Search] Where people Listen feature

I like the new feature that shows where people listen and the number of listeners per city.  But can you click a city and see the most popular songs being played in that city?

Thanks!

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-09-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-10-03

Marked as new idea. You may also be interested in the Sounds of Spotify account, which generates playlist based on region-specific data, such as what songs are most uniquely popular in a particular area.

Casual Listener

Yes it is a nice idea but is currently a bit meaningless. Could spotify divide the number of listeners in each city by the city population before ranking them?

Otherwise only the big cities show up, because they are big and not because the song is particularly appreciated there.

For instance Mexico City is almost always on top of the list for an obvious population size reason.

Thanks

v

MirrorLake
Casual Listener

A weighted scoring system for Where People Listen would be a cool alternative option for users to turn on (I guess the devs would have to test out a few 'popularity' formulas).  Sorting by the actual size of the listenership is definitely unsatisfying, as it always results in London, NYC, LA and other big cities sitting at the top of the list.

While we're on the topic: that list of cities with the most listeners should be something mailed out to artists every month (opt-in, of course). I'm sure some independent artists would love a 'pre-approved' list of cities where they should book shows.

Eilindil

Please do this

AngryArmadillo

Is there any place to get more indepth information about an artists popularity in a particular market?

Instead of just the top 5, I'd love to be able to search the Spotify plays for a band in many different markets.  # of spins, monthly listeners, market trends over the past year, etc.

For example, Alabama Shakes top 5 cities:  London, Manhattan, Los Angeles, Såo Paulo, Chicago.  
But how many listeners does the band have in my current city, Austin, TX?  What about my hometown of Milwuakee?  

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-09-30

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!