[Desktop] Search by typing a Letter

Hi! Please bring back the ability to search for a song/artist by pressing the letter it begins with, that was super handy!

The other updates are great though I love the queue and 'your music' header.

Thanks!

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

You can learn how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Related Ideas

Comments
vesavee
Casual Listener

This should not be something that has to be requested. Why would you even remove this functionality in the first place? This method works with every list in the known universe except for Spotify playlists. You need to fix this, pronto.

andyg1966
Music Fan

I used to find this feature extremely useful and am very frustrated that it has been arbitrarily removed as with other spotify features in recent releases.

I wish the company would listen to feedback from users and actually improved the usability of the product rather than degrading it.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey folks, we're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now'. Please continue to leave your feedback here as we are continuing to bring your comments back to the teams at Spotify HQ. Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community with your ideas. 

g0ldfinger18

Still surprised this hasn't been brought back. One of my most used features and have been frustrated for a while since it was removed.

Moodflip
Regular

This function was great., it made finding a song much in your playlist much easier and quicker. I can't see why it was removed, please make our lazy asses happy and bring it back to us!

RoninTheOrigina
Regular

This is insane that it was taken out.  Who does this help? I can't even really see a way that the money grabbers are helped, except maybe that users are inconvenienced for an extra few seconds, during which they will likely continue to play whatever song was already playing, which MIGHT be a profitable song.

harryjarbaby
Casual Listener

Not right now?! Its stupidly simple to implement! Almost 3 years on and it's still not a thing. Come on Spotify!

olli408
Regular

Come on Spotify, please reconsider this. I have 40 playlists. When I find a song I like i place in into the most fitting playlist. When I want to listen again, I often don't know exactly which playlist it's in. It's a pain in the rear-end to go through them. It's even more of a pain in the rear-end when I used to have the easy solution of clicking on the parent folder. PM me if you need someone to do it for you, I'm literally open to moving to sweden for the summer to (re)implement this for you for free.

fodare
Regular

Makes no sense why this reas removed in the first place. It's just an indication of the incompetence of your coders. Stop making useless**bleep** like "HURR YEAR IN REVIEW" and add features people are ACTUALLY asking for.

PeculiarReality

This feature is an integral part of the VAST MAJORITY of (can't say all anymore thanks to Spotify) audio-streaming services. It should NEVER have been removed and whoever removed it had no idea what they were doing. Seriously Spotify, get your stuff together.