[Desktop] Search by typing a Letter

Hi! Please bring back the ability to search for a song/artist by pressing the letter it begins with, that was super handy!

The other updates are great though I love the queue and 'your music' header.

Thanks!

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

You can learn how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Related Ideas

Comments
DrZan

Oh yeah, not just a letter; you could even type the name of the song/artist partially to get a specific song quick. Heck even in windows itself, you could do this searching for files/shortcuts.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-04-14

Hey folks, we're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now'. Please continue to leave your feedback here as we are continuing to bring your comments back to the teams at Spotify HQ. Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community with your ideas. 

Croatoan

Not right now is not good enough!

Why on earth would you remove this?! It's VITAL to the usability of the program. I literally used this function multiple times every day and I'm sure many, many others did too. Also it's a fucntionality that is found in any, and I mean ANY, (music) program nowdays.

g0ldfinger18

Still surprised this hasn't been brought back. One of my most used features and have been frustrated for a while since it was removed.

meckothegecko

Come on, please bring back this feature! A lot of my playlists are currently useless. :smileysad:

carlosal15

You have made playlists useless! Scrolling through a playlists on PC is very, very messy, and now we can't bypass this by going straight to a song/artist/album by typing a letter? 

PS: Why would you remove important features in the last update in the first place? Like the music, but Spotify is getting worse as a program (not that it started great). I guess I will be moving to another one if things remain this way.

Pilotrun

Is this some kind of attempt to change our listening habits? Force us to create shorter playlists and not use Spotify as a replacement to iTunes?

panzermuffin

Bull**bleep**. Bring it back! It adds usabillity.

chewycov

You can add all the features you like, Spotify, but this tiny little feature is the only one I want you to implement (AGAIN). I have some very big playlists, and trying to scroll through hundreds, sometimes thousands, of songs is a real hassle and really honestly makes me think about completely ditching spotify. If I didn't use Spotify on my phone then I would have left long ago. LISTEN PLEASE!?

Gatsby

This needs to be brought back, removing this was just stupid and I'm thinking of cancelling payments. Constant disappointments. 

Why would you remove a perfectly functioning feature? There is no search function in the songs tab and thats just absurd. I have to manually filter the song by a-z then find it.