[Desktop] Search by typing a Letter

Hi! Please bring back the ability to search for a song/artist by pressing the letter it begins with, that was super handy!

The other updates are great though I love the queue and 'your music' header.

Thanks!

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hello!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

You can learn how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Comments
harryjarbaby
Casual Listener

Not right now?! Its stupidly simple to implement! Almost 3 years on and it's still not a thing. Come on Spotify!

olli408
Regular

Come on Spotify, please reconsider this. I have 40 playlists. When I find a song I like i place in into the most fitting playlist. When I want to listen again, I often don't know exactly which playlist it's in. It's a pain in the rear-end to go through them. It's even more of a pain in the rear-end when I used to have the easy solution of clicking on the parent folder. PM me if you need someone to do it for you, I'm literally open to moving to sweden for the summer to (re)implement this for you for free.

fodare
Regular

Makes no sense why this reas removed in the first place. It's just an indication of the incompetence of your coders. Stop making useless**bleep** like "HURR YEAR IN REVIEW" and add features people are ACTUALLY asking for.

PeculiarReality

This feature is an integral part of the VAST MAJORITY of (can't say all anymore thanks to Spotify) audio-streaming services. It should NEVER have been removed and whoever removed it had no idea what they were doing. Seriously Spotify, get your stuff together.

kvino006
Regular

This would be amazing if it worked on desktop app.

getbent1

This works on and off. Used to work every time for a long time but now I can't do it anymore. Tried the Windows Store app too instead of the exe download. It actually worked for one session and now I can no longer jump to an artist with keys.

It really cannot be that hard to fix, given it's been sat on for what looks like 4 years

ThatGirlT

What happened to the search by typing feature on desktop? Spotify removed it in one of the last few updates and I keep updating thinking it would come back and it hasn't. It's been at least a month and it's a frustrating experience always has to scroll up to the search bar when I want to listen to a specific song! Please bring this feature back!!!

getbent1
It's been broken on and off for a lot of people for 4 years. They don't
have the know-how to fix it apparently. Doesn't matter if you use the exe
download or W10 store app, the app is **bleep**
CthulhusDream

Why in the world would you remove this basic function? 

What's the next update going to bring?

"Introducing the cool new feature, spacebar no longer pauses LIKE EVERY MUSIC APP AND PROGRAM EVER CREATED."

Get your head out of your "slick simple design's" a** please and thanks.

yourname942
Music Fan

Why would you remove this ux feature? I swear that they are taking notes from Youtube's PR department.