Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Select default sound device for Spotify Connect

Currently Spotify defaults to using the default sound device when launched, it would be neat if you could choose which sound device you want to use instead in the options screen.

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-23

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
Charly
I could really use this.
Fraeco

I think I opened a support ticket for this feature about a year ago. Back in the "spotify:config2" days. Got an answer somewhere in the realm of "not supported".

Good luck though! Kudos added (kudosed)?

Searingdark

i would love this

Loner

great idea....+1 from me:)

walfridson

Needed badly...

bkwsk

A lot of people really need this feature if they're ever going to even consider having Spotify as their main "standard audio" player. Me included.

listening2music

Hi,

please add this feature is extremely useful!!

TheManTheMyth

Agree that this would make a good feature, but IndieVolume is an awesome for us Windows folks.

Tearlow

I really need this feature. I use multiple soundcards to split outputs into different sets. For example. I do not want Spotify to playback using my headphones but my speakers while I play a game or anything else for that matter. I also tend to Stream some of my games and don't want Spotify to be recorded- This is the whole reason I had to set up another soundcard by the way.

Please, just add this small but essencial feature like any other Audio related product.

walfridson

No status on this one yet?