[Desktop][Shows] Show updated podcasts in Desktop app

Much like the Andriod app showing which podcasts have been updated recently, I would like the desktop app to do the same.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-10-27

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

toryd

The fact that you cannot see new epsiodes in one place in the desktop app is bananas.

Allards
Casual Listener
Without the option to see new episodes the Podcast Feature in Spotify is completely useless to me and I will keep on using iTunes until this feature is added!
MarkTraceur

I see from the inactive post that you've declined to solve this bug because it didn't receive enough votes in this forum, which I have never seen before today. That hardly seems like a sane way to manage a product.

This is, as far as I'm concerned, a critical UX bug in your new podcast feature. It should have been fixed before that feature released. At the very least, it's a feature-parity bug between your mobile and desktop apps.

I look forward to this fix at a later date - until then, I suppose I'm joining the others here in sticking with another podcast solution.

JasCola

It's very annoying to have different ways of accessing podcasts on mobile vs desktop.. For this reason ALONE I do not use spotify at all for podcasts, nor do I recommend to anyone to use it. I moved my friends over to another app which is far friendlier for desktop users. Fix this Spotify and I will bring myself and others back.

Rising Star 17 ListenToGlobal
Rising Star 17

Great idea! You have my vote :)

Gsargen1

Absolutely this!  It's so annoying not being able to see my latest podcast episodes when using the desktop app.  The way it's shown in the Android app is excellent

joairesm

I'm surprised this isnt implemented yet... its a mvp for any podcast app

allijxn
Visitor

Ugh. YES PLEASE!!! C'mon Spotify! Duh! Forget your stuped '100 upvote' policy. What good is a podcast platform that DOES NOT LIST NEW EPISODES?! Clicking on each individual podcast to look for new episodes is ASININE! Just add 'New Podcast Episodes' to your Desktop app, pretty, pretty please. It's the RIGHT thing to do. At the very least, add some notification to podcasts with new content, if you insist on only listing by podcast. 

imjustaghost
Casual Listener

i was so sure this had to already exist and i just wasn't seeing it that i was about to ask customer support to find out where it was on the desktop app, hard to beleive they think it's so unnecessary when without it following podcasts is completely unmanageable.