[Desktop][Social] Share Songs With Friends in Spotify

This feature would allow users to send recommendations to friends directly through Spotify (concept attached). This removes the need to send links to friends through different platforms (only to be forgotten about the next day), keeps the music within the Spotify ecosystem, and streamlines music sharing overall.

To avoid being overwhelmed by thousands of recommendations from random strangers, this feature would be restricted to mutual followers only; users could also disable this feature in Settings if recommendations aren't wanted.

Depending on how it's implemented, this feature would also potentially add a new button for notifications where both recommendation pings and other notifications could belong; album releases from followed artists, etc. 

This alone would help to make Spotify much more social, setting it apart from other streaming services, keeping users more engaged with the platform for longer, and connecting friends through music. Thanks for reading and hopefully this feature might be considered for the future :)

wow.jpg

Updated on 2019-11-05

Hey @AustinBureikuu, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Spotify used to have a messaging system users could share songs through, but they had to close it due to low user interaction. Please refer to the main idea for more information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-Notifications/i...

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-11-05

Hey @AustinBureikuu, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Spotify used to have a messaging system users could share songs through, but they had to close it due to low user interaction. Please refer to the main idea for more information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-Notifications/i...

Let me know if you have any other questions :)