Announcements

[Desktop] Spotify floating Toolbar Player

Hello!

Since most ideas seems to be different ways to make our listening more efficient, smooth and comfortable here´s mine.
Many computers today already have integrated hotkeys (usually located above the F1-F12 buttons) that allows simple pausing and previous/next functions. However, keyboards/laptop keyboards that doesnt have these buttons would benefit from having an option to show a smaller version on-screen providing the same functions. The toolbar would be shown on top of current windows. (activated by pressing an (editable) hotkey?)  (See image)
While the current option works well enough, it force-minimizes the current window and brings up the Spotify window, which we then have to minimize, before returning to previous occupation.

This "toolbar" would probably be most appealing to gamers, since we dont like interruptions 😉 , but also to others who wish to make their music experience as pleasant as possible.

Sure, we´re talking about seconds.
But these seconds matters.

Happy and efficient listening!

SpotifyIdea.jpg

EDIT:
Several years later...

300+ kudos.  Nice!
When I wrote toolbar, I realize overlay would better describe what I'm hoping for. Much like how the Task Manager window has an option for "always on top", a very slim Spotify bar with the same propertiy would be great in-game or in any other fullscreen application.

Similar, but not the same:

Spotify Mini Player Concept by pixelpusher.
Kudos for kudos!

Updated on 2021-07-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

In the meantime, it’s worth checking out the Windows 10 Game Bar, which can be accessed by pressing Win + G and allows you to configure a floating Spotify widget to control music playback.

Thanks again, and please keep those ideas and requests coming! More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tsherlin

I've been waiting for this for years. Why hasn't it happened? It's surely not for lack of time or developers. Get it done.

BlackBirdReview

Why is this still not a thing?

Check this out

DJ_Swaggy_J

Looks like it actually is a thing already in Win 7. toolbar.jpg

JohnLoyd1

They have that ability in all of windows. But it would be nicer to have it built into the taskbar like the options for media player and iTunes. If iTunes can do it sure spotify can do it. If not then at least maybe someone in the community can code it? It couldnt be that difficult. I dont understand why developers havent done this yet!

tVogelaar

Yes please!! Would it be possible to also add "like" "dislike" buttons after the time bar? (far right side?)

hyperspeed1313

You would think Spotify, in all their budget to throw ads of *coughs* themselves *coughs* at us, would have found the time to write in basic code for a toolbar. Come on!

thiagocoutinho

+ 3 years .... this seems so basic

schmeidi

Yes please!! I NEED this! 

Why. Hasnt. This. Been. Done?

This would be an amazing addition to an already amazing spotify!

Must be a good idea! There are more then 40 kudos!