[Desktop] Support for High-DPI Screens

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with a High-DPI screen (3200 x 1800 pixels). Using scaling the interface of Spotify has the appropriate dimensions. But text and images look blurry

When is Spotify natively going to support high resolution displays for Windows?

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

For some users checking the Windows option "Disable scaling for high dpi" has solved the issue:

1. Right-click on the Spotify icon in the task bar
  2. Right-click on "Spotify"
  3. Choose Properties
  4. On the Compatibility tab: Check "Disable Display Scaling on high DPI settings"
  5. Restart Spotify and use the Zoom options under "View"
AlsoBort

Looks horrible on my Dell XPS as well. I hope they fix this soon.

litto
Regular

Please fix this issue, a.s.a.p.

user-removed
Not applicable

Yes. Currently the options are a) super-tiny text or b) blurry text/pictures....Spotify: is someone on this?

wojtekmaj
Casual Listener

I'd love to see high DPI support. Looks quite silly on my Surface Pro 3.

hagegebenjamin
Music Fan

Would love to see high DPI support. I've got the Dell XPS 9530 and the Spotify software looks AWFUL on it. I'm really mad about it ! Please UPDATE !!!

togra

Yes please.

The client for Mac is high resolution for the Retina Display and it looks great. Please update Windows version to do the same.

nmby
Regular

thumbs up

dcormier

Not to mention that the upscaled app icon is rather ugly.

Upscaled Spotify Icon

cazzamatazz

I too, would like to see this resolved. I have a 15" laptop running at 2880x1620 (220ppi). It runs windows 8.1. 

By default (with display scaling enabled) spotify looks like this:
Spotify (High DPI Scaling Enabled).PNG

At 100% on my display is looks terrible:

Spotify 100% Crop.PNG

With display scaling disabled I obtain the following:

Spotify (High DPI Scaling Disabled).PNG

EDIT: Open the images in a new tab to get an idea of what I'm talking about.