Announcements

[Desktop] Sync iTunes local Files and Playlists

Is it just me, or does Spotify not update playlists and local files from iTunes automatically as you add more tracks?
This is so annoying. I use iTunes to add and organize my local files, which Spotify is not able to do. But the least Spotify could do was to do a check up once in a while to see if i added new local tracks or changed my playlists in iTunes.

As it is now i have to import playlists and local files everytime i add new music. So i first need to add it to iTunes and then again to Spotify. Toooo much work.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Casual Listener

Keeping the thread alive: still no update here?
I really need this functionality. 
As a premium subscriber I can get only 3.3K spotify songs offline, but I have much much more inItunes playlists.
Resyncing 1000's and 1000's of offline files to my Android Phone and Macbook Air everytime I update a few songs in a few playlists is a no go. Especially since Wifi synching is painfully slow ...
Please Spotify, fix this?

please, please add better itunes syncing. It is really painful to have to re-import my itunes playlists then manually delete all th eold ones, one-by-one, whenever i make some changes to older itunes playlists. this should really be basic functionality in a music service these days...

I have same problem and same desire for Spotify to fix this quite basic functionality.

Regular

Just changed my local files to a higher quality and realised im an going to have to delete the app on iOS and resync all my songs to get it to work. Would be good to have this option on iOS aswell

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 40+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. 😉
Music Fan

also when i move my music files it creates duplicates in the local files folder. it needs to keep bettter track of the local files on my computer, it's frustrating having to delete the duplicates before i add it to my spotify playlist.

I had several people subscribed to one of my masive playlists, and when I had to delete the list in Spotify to make it sync with the list in iTunes, all the people that were subscribed to my playlist lost it.

Nice.

There HAS to be a way to simply update the playlists in Spotify to match the playlists in iTunes.

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

We don't have any plans to sync local files from iTunes on an automated regular basis. We may come back to this idea in the future but for now we're going to have to say "not right now." Please check back on this idea for regular updates. We'll post them here when and if we have more to say.

Hey guys,

I am interested in the "Local File Refresh Button" functionality described initially in this post: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Local-File-Refresh-Button/idi-p/188652

I consider that having the "Local File Refresh Button" option would make a lot of users happy, is anyone else interested in this idea?

Cheers !

Regular

Status needs to be changed back from "Not Right Now" to "Being Addressed" or whatever the "we will implement this" status is. It is ludicrous that Spotify doesn't support this idea already.