[Desktop] System Tray Icon with Player Controls (Pause, next, etc.)

While recent versions of Spotify Desktop (e.g. 1.0.8) have got the "minimize to system tray" option again, this is simply just an icon which allows you to open the full Spotify window.

Obviously our attempts to get the minimize to tray option were not specific enough about wanting exactly the same functionality returned, so can we please have:

A system tray icon which has the same functionality (via right mouse click) as it did before it was removed, which was:

• Name of current track playing
• Open Spotify
• Option to Hide from task bar when closed
• Play
• Next
• Previous
• Shuffle
• Repeat
• Exit
You had this before, so I dont see why you cant have it again.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
lilbran
Does that version still have the built-in synchronized lyrics?

nomadewolf

Just search google for Sptoify 0.9.15.27

Install that.

It's all good.

arthur_felipe
Casual Listener

Nothing yet, gentlemen?
Really, this should not be anything so though to be done, as we're talking 'bout a pop-up menu from a system tray icon; but even more 'cause THIS IS SOMETHING THAT EXISTED AND WAS REMOVED.

Hey Spotify, what's wrong with you? Even Winamp has this option since the 90's! =(

davidyork
Gig Goer

Still waiting for this to return...

Ned612

+1

Zephyr
Roadie

Took them about a month to implement support for the Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pros (great work there), yet this much simpler implementation has been ignored for over two years. Go figure... :D

thatloginisalre
Gig Goer

I'm embarrassed to use spotify, it's like wearing a hairstyle from the 70s.. it hasn't been updated in 40 years.

2nihon
Music Fan

The year is 2018. Multiple threads have been created, and no update to this topic has been posted. Is Spotify ever planning to introduce feature parity with older versions of their client?

Poppy1577

I want the Icon back on the desktop. Sometimes I just want to check somthing and the way it is now your program to load before I can get what I want.  I would rather have it out of the start up tray. I get a little frustrated sometimes.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!