[Desktop] Turn Off/Modify keyboard shortcuts

My job requires me to use lots of keyboard shortcuts, and when quickly whizzing between windows I often find that I've accidentally triggered a spotify shortcut (such as the repeat button with cmd + R) when the spotify window was minimized and I didn't realise it was the active window. I have been using spotify for about 8 months now and I haven't managed to recondition myself yet!

It would be very handy to turn off keybindings or change them to something that I'm not using all the time. Is this something you can see happening?

Updated on 2017-06-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-24

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi @lemon_scented, although we normally merge requests to customize keyboard shortcuts with this idea, I've opened this one, as you emphasize that you'd like the option to disable keyboard shorcuts (as they conflict with your current workflow). :)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-06-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!