[Desktop] UI proposal to fulfill user's needs (Mockups included)

Long story short: I am a heavy Spotify user and also a UI designer and this is my proposal for the Desktop app. It's a mix of what we had (and loved) with the latest look.

· All views

A top bar that will stay visible and will include:

1. The 3 dots menu
2. The Back and Forward buttons
3. The search bar (removed from sidebar)
4. The user menu
5. An icon to access Preferences faster (to match the home section in mobile app)

· The sidebar sizes were adjusted so the space between the Create Playlists/Liked Songs and the playlists titles are even. The up/down arrows from the scrollbar are back.

· Album View
1. The release date has been added below the album title, the number of songs and length now appear in single lines now.
2. The artist name and photo was increased.
3. The font sizes were changed for a more balanced look between all the texts.
4. The columns were re-ordered, "Plays" were moved to the end.
5. The gradient ends in the Title bar.

(Note: All views will share the same font sizes)

Proposal_Album.png

· Artist Page
1. The Play, Follow and more options buttons were moved to the artist's image.
2. The "Popular" songs now renamed as "Most Heard" and appear in 2 columns.
3. Duration has been removed and plays moved below the song title, 6 tracks show now instead of 5.
4. "SEE ALL" was renamed to "SEE MORE".
5. Discography will show entirely as before, the type of view option is back.
6. Only the "Artist Playlist" row will remain complete.
7. There will be 6 sections with 3 options each and their respective "SEE MORE" button.
8. The "Featuring Artist" row has been merged with the "Discovered On" tab has they share a few of the same playlists.

Proposal_Artist_Page_1.png

Proposal_Artist_Page_2.png

Proposal_Artist_Page_3.png

· Your Library

1. Brings back the "Recently Played" option and includes redesigned accesses for Artists / Albums / Playlists / Podcasts and Liked Songs.

Proposal_Your_Library.png

· Playlists

Design matches album page style and sizes. Old format of columns is back:

Proposal_Playlist.png

Updated on 2021-04-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “One change request per idea.”

Some of your suggestions have already been submitted as idea - You can just go ahead and add your votes to them to show your support! You'll find a list of feature requests related to the New Desktop App here.

Of course, you can always submit your idea(s) again, making sure you adhere to the above guidelines.

Comments
theolaa
Casual Listener

I like this, the only thing is that I at least want the option to keep the album art in the playlist view. I have several very large playlists (+1000 songs) which I sort by title, and having the album art inline really helps me track down the exact song I want when scrolling.

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-04-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “One change request per idea.”

Some of your suggestions have already been submitted as idea - You can just go ahead and add your votes to them to show your support! You'll find a list of feature requests related to the New Desktop App here.

Of course, you can always submit your idea(s) again, making sure you adhere to the above guidelines.

Related Ideas