Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Your Library] Bring Back Separate Song Title and Artist

Not sure who thought it was a great idea to reformat how one can view songs by artist or by title...? It is much more convenient to have the two, side by side, while viewing a library rather than only being able to view the artist name or song name under the other...

Updated on 2023-11-14

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that a Compact mode which hides the album art and displays the song's title and artist under two separate columns in playlists and albums is now available on the desktop app and the Web Player! Check out @MattSuda's post here for a detailed overview.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better by participating here on the Community 💚

Comments
pwilli26

Honestly, this is such a horrible feature of the re-design. PLEASE fix this immediately, or at least provide the option to have separate artists tabs again. I have playlists that have 1000s of songs, and it's impossible to find where one artist stops and another begins. 

Dalumbr

Artist tab and an option to have a simple list view (like every other decent media player).

I've never cared about albums, if I want to see what an album is like I'll go to it, what I care about is the song and maybe the artist, I do not need to see the album covers and half as many songs in the UI because of them.

List view and artist tab. You know what people want, you know they're willing to go to other services. Why aren't you patching this immediately? I managed a crappy UI in a software course in high school, adding a tab isn't hard, nor is optionally removing a column. 

joel2762

Using the limited precious space to show the album in a playlist is such a dumb idea, why do I need to constantly see this? Let us have the old view back. 

demusku

Embarrassing

smb51095

Agreed, why does spotify keep getting rid of features that worked great?

Mmaxwell7281

I can honestly picture a bunch of designers sitting in a room patting themselves on the back for this. 

How about if we remove all of this... doesn't that look 'cleaner'... yes, yes it does! Engineer in the back of the room rolling his eyes.

Vaiho

Pls bring back the artist column!

bakman

I would prefer to go back to the previous version altogether. Such in inconsistent mess on the desktop, try it fullscreen  on a 27" iMac, it looks horrible. 

uimi

Hello Spotify....

Hello....

Hello..........
Are you hearing us...?
Are you reading us....?

Is there any response from your side visible somewhere....? (apart from the automated 'Kudo's' and 'Good suggestion')

If there is any thought from your side on this matter  - where can I find this?

Is there a place I have been overlooking where I can get in contact with you?

Again, this whole community thing... - its primary function seems to let people have a hard-to-find place to talk to each other, while actually they want to communicatie with you - Spotify.
argh...

(speaking of hard-to-find: I can't believe that out of millions of users only 795 people have a negative opinion on the deleting of the artist column)

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-05-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.