[Desktop][Your Library] Fix Album View - Spotify is unusable since UI Update

Since the latest UI changes, Spotify Desktop is pretty unusable for me because:

- The "inaccessible" Album View.

Old UI: Albums was "docked" in the Navigation Pane on the left. It was a single click to get there

New UI: You first have to click on Library (1st click) and then click on "Albums" (2nd Click). Sounds like "first world problems" but when you use Spotify pretty heavily and switch between pages, its a pain when you have to click double the times you had to in the old UI. Remember: Its an addition by 100% the times you had to click before.

Possible Solution: Either bring the Albums View back to the navigation Pane or get to the "View where you have left" at "Library" Hub. 

I am NOT (at any time) using the other Views at Library Hub for I'm not interested in Podcasts, My Playlists are listed on the left, and I prefer a view of Albums not songs sorted by creator.

- The "lazy" Album View 

Old UI: All albums where instantly loaded. When you scrolled to the bottom using Ctrl + End you would be at the very end. Period.

New UI: Only the first 50 Albums are loaded. While you are scrolling down, the next 50 will be loaded, but just if you reach the end of the first 50. So, depending on the number of Albums, when you are scrolling down using your mouse wheel, the application takes a moment when you reach the End of the page (remember, not the end of the Albums because only the first 50 are loaded) and then shows the next 50. This is an absolute pain when you have a massive album library like me. Using Ctrl + End is, in my case 800% increase of clicking rate!

- The "forgettable" Album View

On the Album View, scroll down eg. half the way, click on any album, then use the "Back" Button to get back on the album view

Old UI: You will get where you were before you entered the detailed view (of the album you clicked previously).

New UI: In (my sorted by creator) Albums View, you get back to the very TOP of the Albums view and - of course - with only the first 50 Albums loaded.

This makes Spotify absolutely unusable (for me) and as long as this is not fixed, I got to switch to amazon music because the Albums view there works as expected.

Updated on 2021-06-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Celgirin
Casual Listener

Before the update all tracks were accessible from the artist page. I can't stress how deeply frustrated I am everything has been sorted in to DISCONNECTED sub categories. The number one CTA: "Play track" is now clicks away. It's so stupid I just want to cry. Also theres no way to play all tracks from one artist from top to bottom anymore.

PatQ1
Casual Listener

Fully agree, really frustrated with the album view.
Give us track view to browse through the collection.

drummercrm
Gig Goer

Oh, well, since last Update, the "lazy" Album View and the "forgettable" Album View seem to be gone (hopefully forever). Nevertheless the "inaccessible" Album View still exist and needs to be fixed!

Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Related Ideas