[Desktop][Your Library] Option to pin playlists

I think it would be such a great and helpful option to be able to pin playlists to the top of your library/playlists. Whenever I save Spotify or user created playlists, they appear at the top of the list. It would such an amazing feature to be able to pin your favorite playlists to the top of your library. That way you won’t lose your favorite playlists!

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-08-17

Hey @jer1928,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of this idea.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Bankerjag

Agree 100% with this idea. Would be great for Spotify “power users”. 

cfgrrl

Was directed here after suggesting my idea / feature to Twitter...

It would also be nice if you could "pin" playlists to the top of your playlist section. You know how you can pin a tweet to the top of your Twitter feed, etc on social media even though you may have tweeted other things more recently than the pinned tweet? With the "pinned" playlists, you could pin your favorites or your frequent go-to playlists for easy access. I know you can rearrange the order of playlists, but I don't want to have to rearrange them frequently. It'd be nice to just have easy on/off pickability to which ones stay at the top or go back to where they normally are placed. And then those playlists could be easily accessed!

Nolegrl88
Roadie

No idea why this isn't a feature yet, especially since you can't rearrange playlists on mobile. I have to go to my computer just to move a playlist back to the top of my playlist list. That makes me not want to follow or create new playlists so nothing gets disturbed.

Ellipsian
Casual Listener

Wow, @Nolegrl88, I didn't even know I COULD do that (and feel silly now for not trying...), thank you!  I have a few dozen playlists and am always adding more, so you've provided a welcome workaround so I can keep my ever-changing, current-music playlist at the top. 

Still, it's not ideal, and pinning playlists should be a thing, so I voted for this.  At the very least, we should be able to move playlists on mobile so we don't have to go to a desktop to use this workaround.

cfgrrl

No idea why this isn't a feature yet, especially since you can't rearrange playlists on mobile. I have to go to my computer just to move a playlist back to the top of my playlist list. That makes me not want to follow or create new playlists so nothing gets disturbed.

Wow, @Nolegrl88, I didn't even know I COULD do that (and feel silly now for not trying...), thank you!  I have a few dozen playlists and am always adding more, so you've provided a welcome workaround so I can keep my ever-changing, current-music playlist at the top. 

Still, it's not ideal, and pinning playlists should be a thing, so I voted for this.  At the very least, we should be able to move playlists on mobile so we don't have to go to a desktop to use this workaround.

I've admittedly been using the feature on the desktop app for years, but the desktop app is the app I use the least out of Spotify's available platforms (mobile, web, desktop, speaker voice assistant, PlayStation, etc). Mobile is the place I (and probably the average Spotify user) use the service the most if I had to guess. While it's nice that you can search through your playlists (by pulling down the list a little for the search bar in the library playlist section on mobile), it'd be nice to have better shortcuts to playlists. And yes, I guess you could create home screen shortcuts on your phone for said playlists. However, those aren't going to be synced from platform to platform like pinned playlists ideally would be.

Basically, pinning playlists shouldn't be that hard of a feature to implement in theory, and it would make the overall user experience a bit better, no matter which standard platform (desktop/web/mobile) you're using.

AndrisJB
Casual Listener

I'd use this a ton: Release Radar, Discover Weekly, go to workout playlists, playlists for the school I work at, etc. I would love to be able to follow playlists without burying my daily playlists. I posted this idea in [Playlists] and was directed to this thread. 

abbiners

I hope Spotify can have this feature. It would be great to pin favorite or most played playlists instead of having to scroll through a lot just to find one playlist.

eneratejosh
Regular

Absolutely +100!! This would make my Spotify experience sooo much better! And seemingly easy to implement from a programming perspective.

Thanks!

sophiads
Visitor

Yes! This would also be very handy for Spotify Desktop as there, playlists do not move up the liked playlist list when it has been recently played.