[Desktop][Your Library] Option to pin playlists

I think it would be such a great and helpful option to be able to pin playlists to the top of your library/playlists. Whenever I save Spotify or user created playlists, they appear at the top of the list. It would such an amazing feature to be able to pin your favorite playlists to the top of your library. That way you won’t lose your favorite playlists!

Updated on 2022-02-18

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

Comments
TreyAnastasio
Spotify Star
Spotify Star

I think this a great idea! Oftentimes the playlists that I plan to check out or listen to soon become buried in my Spotify library under other playlists that I have more recently created or saved. This idea would allow me to more easily find the playlists that I intend to listen to.

lavagirl

This would be so helpful, especially for people that have or follow a lot of playlists. Playlists I use often get lost and you can only sort by relevance or recent on mobile (I don't like sorting by these anyway because I like things to stay in the same order so I can find them). It would also allow people to showcase their favorite playlists on their profiles first.

trick2012

I agree with this idea xx

horekuk
Music Fan

For people who have tons of playlists but have one or a few go-to playlists, it would be AWESOME to not have to constantly keep having to drag the playlist to the top everytime it gets drowned by other playlists (if you're like me and use playlists to add albums that are on rotation lately, as opposed to the HOPELESS library system)

horekuk
Music Fan

Just realized this was first suggested 8 **bleep**ING YEARS AGO. It's not going to get implemented any time soon, so let's just bow down to our $potify overlords and pray that ONE DAY it will get enough KUDOS!!!! God damn I hate Spotify so much. [googling apple music]

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

MattSuda
Spotify Star
Spotify Star

This feature is not in the desktop app yet, but good news for mobile app users!

Spotify recently released a new Your Library view for the iOS & Android mobile apps. One of the new features is the ability to pin up to 4 items to the top of Your Library. These items can be playlists, playlist folders, albums, artists, or podcasts.

I have a walkthrough on how to use the new Your Library view and pin items:
New Your Library view (iOS & Android) 

Check out this Spotify news article for more information:

Listeners Can Explore Their Spotify Collections Faster and Easier With a New ‘Your Library’

Luan
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-02-18

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!