[Desktop][Your Library] custom organizing albums on Spotify

* I would like the ability to custom organize my saved albums in any manner I choose, particularly ALPHA in conjunction with by GENRE. 

* Once organized, I also would like the ABILITY TO SELECT VIEW OPTION, i.e. not only as album icons the way it is now, but as a LIST as well, by way of an view icon the user can click that reveals a pulldown menu with either "as list" or "as icons," etc.  When viewing as a LIST, it would be good to have, next to each artist name, a small horizontal arrow that can be clicked to point downward and reveal multiple saved albums by that artist in my collection, with the ability to reposition the order of saved albums by that artist.

* I would like the interface for any of the above proposed abilities to allow for simple user repositioning by 'click and drag.'

I'm an album guy and I grew up in the album era, so I really like to custom organize my collection.  Now that we're in the streaming era, that applies to Spotify, too.  With a digital interface, it should be even easier for the end user than in the physical era.

As an aside, if I custom organize by artist, the alpha organization would go by last name of the artist if it's a solo artist, or the first initial of the artist name if it's a band name.  I also like to custom organize the albums according to genre within the alpha organization.

Basically, though, I want to be able to custom organize however I wish in the above manners.

Thank you in advance for listening and hopefully considering these requests.

Updated on 2020-01-14

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-01-14

It's better to post each suggestion in it's separate thread. That way, users can vote on each one of your ideas.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂