[Desktop & Mobile] Discovery Mode without reccomendations

Spotify on all platforms and all accounts should have a feature where you can put it in a sort of "discovery mode", where you can listen to what you normally can, but it won't affect your recommendations. This would allow us to listen to something we would never listen to by ourselves (say if a friend wanted to play a song), but it wouldn't mess with our recommendations. I've occasionally listened to a random song that's a completely different genre from what I listen to, and it messes up all of my recommendations. Having this "discovery mode" of sorts would allow for us to discover new music without having to ruin things like our daily mixes.

Updated on 2022-06-06

Hey @Theblondedon,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since we already have an implemented feature for the described scenarios. It's called private listening and you can find out more about it on this page.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Dian
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-06-06

Hey @Theblondedon,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since we already have an implemented feature for the described scenarios. It's called private listening and you can find out more about it on this page.

Thanks for understanding.