[Developer] Audio quality

Hi, I'm a Spotify user since beta testing over ten years ago, so I'm a true supporter, but now I'm on the verge of changing to Tidal. Today I started comparing the sound quality in my studio monitors and there is simply too much lost in Spotify even with the highest audio setting. (Highest audio setting, cabled WiFi fed via fiber). If you want to stay competitive you'll have to offer loss less (CD quality is enough), or a least for me I can't justify not switching despite the hassle of recreating playlists etc.

I had almost forgotten how music should sound, but once people compare you will have trouble keeping your installed base.  

Updated on 2021-08-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It would be great if you specify exactly on which platform you'd like to see a change in Audio quality.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
hedvig2013
Casual Listener

I totally agree. I already have a parallel Tidal account for when I actively listen to music. It's far more important than podcast, which we already have well covered in our iPhones.

Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-06

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Unclear ideas. Make sure your suggestion does include enough information for us to understand what you’re requesting.

It would be great if you specify exactly on which platform you'd like to see a change in Audio quality.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.