Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Developer] Web API playback queue route

The Web API is lacking a public endpoint to fetch an authenticated users current queue. The addition of this would expand the creative possibilities developers would have at their disposal, without it a big chunk of what the Web API was designed to provide is simply not there.

Updated on 2022-09-11

Hello!

Looks like your idea is gathering more and more votes and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again and we hope it continues to reach new marks soon.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
PassAuxly

The Spotify Web API is wonderful but it's lacking a very important route: Getting a user's queue. Are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?

Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-06-11

Hey @PassAuxly,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

pizzadelivery01

would be very helpful right now in the app I am building for a school project... I digress ... hopefully we can get enough votes here

Hubo

Great idea! Let's see if this can be implemented! 🙂

freekbes

I find it odd that there's no endpoint for this. I've seen someone explain that it wouldn't be possible to get the queue since it's stored on the local device and not in the "cloud" of the Spotify API. However, if that were the case, how come the Android application is able to get the exact same queue as the desktop application, even with shuffle enabled, when I press the queue button while playing music on the desktop version? Why can't we have access to this API endpoint?

Tinouga

It would be awesome to have access to the queue; being able to preload some data for the next tracks while one is playing would be a real QoL. 

cop2018

It would be so cool to be able to access the queue! This would enable easy safekeeping of a user's queue (which I would use often, but is maybe better implemented in the app itself), and being able to anticipate upcoming tracks in player-type applications. Maybe I'm just crazy for Spotify stats, but it would also allow new data points like queue adding trends and spontaneous listening habits. Please implement this! 

Josenzo

We need this, please.

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-05

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.