[Devices Page] More detailed Info about Devices

Offline devices management console needs improvement. It does not distinguish between the devices in any meaningful way, which leads to wasted data and time.

When you need to remove one device from the three offline devices in my account,  you obviously want to choose the correct one, otherwise you have to delete them all and re-add them - which for me means I have to download 40Gb again (I use Extreme quality).

Problem:
I can't tell the devices apart, all three say "AndroidPhone", instead of properly idenitifying which android phone, by model or account name or something useful.

There is no solution - the interface is poor.

Workaround:
The only way to achieve anything is to delete all three devices and then manually re-download on all devices you want to keep in the list. However the service doesn't remember - there is no such feature as "re-download your offline files", you have to go back through your library and manually select.

Also the workaround is expensive on data. We are on a metered connection for internet, and pulling down Gb of song data unnecessarily is an avoidable use of data. It also hits your servers.

The workaround is unviable, annoying and wasteful.

IDEA: Please make the console useful. The technology exists to easily identify phones more specifically.

PLEASE GIVE IT SOME KUDOS :)

Searching google shows that this has been suggested over and over in the past. Clearly a large number of subscribers find it very annoying. Please action an improvement.

I found at least 10 other threads with the same bug report, but the ideas section will not allow me to post links.  In PDF file attached.

Updated on 2019-08-01

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

For more info: 

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-27

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-01

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

For more info: