Disable Chrsitmas songs to be played in the Summer.

Basically adding a season tag to all songs. Or filter words like Christmas when it's blazing hot outside.

Update: This idea has been suggested again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Don-t-suggest-play-Christmas-Music-after-Christmas/id...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
alffis

It's very inconvinient to listen christmas carrols on the artist radio. I'd like to propose an improvement: let's set metadata like "Christmas" or "New year" to certain seasonal songs - then we wouldn't need to listen to Rudolf the Reindeer in the middle of summer! :)

This would help also when really waiting for Santa Claus and searching for Christmas songs.

DaMoose
Casual Listener

I don't see an edit button(?)

I meant to say, when you put it on shuffle.

bettyfromva

I have a number of favorite artists that I love to create playlists from - but several of them have holiday albums (as do other artists with similar styles that pop up in the playlists).  While I love a good Christmas song, it is not something I want to hear in July!

Would love a way to exclude Holiday music from playlists.

Ciono

And conversely, around the holidays, I'd love to designate a playlist as specifically Holiday related and just get songs that have that tag. I tried to do that earlier today and create a Jazz Holiday radio station from an album containing only Christmas music, only to be greeted with non-Christmas music. 

detmer14
Gig Goer

I was going to suggest something along these lines as well. To add genre tags into the metadata. This would aid with music discovery / music recommendations as well. Especially for radio stations based off of Holiday music. There could even be genre metadata for any form of Holiday: Christmas, Halloween, New Years, Patriotic, St. Patty's, Valentine's (probably already exists as a mood), Thanksgiving, Summertime, etc.

This is one thing I liked about Pandora. They would actually completely separate all Holiday music from non-Holiday music for each artist. But it would still be able to maintain some type of relationship with the actual artist page. Such as having a "Holiday" or "Christmas" section for holiday-specific albums on the artist page.

Sure hope people give kudos to this topic. It would help out a ton.

detmer14
Gig Goer

If you would like some examples of Christmas playlists where I would NOT like to hear non-Christmas music on the radio stations based on these playlists, here are some examples:

Christmas Hits

Christmas FM 100 Hits

Acappella Christmas Hits

Christmas Instrumental Hits

Hits Christmas Country / Bluegrass

user-removed
Not applicable

There is no need for christmas music at all when you can listen this all day every day Manian – Burn Down the House - Crystal Lake Radio Edit :))

frank111

This seems like a basic need of this service.  It makes listening to radio stations for artists like Sinatra, Streisand, Cole, Harry Conick and many others almost impossible.  

Not really interested in a pay subscription until this is worked out.  

user-removed
Not applicable

The problem is not just these christmas song... Please don't ask how much I hate Christmas... and related music to it :DDDD

But yeah, the problem, below this Christmas. Is no variety in radio, so basically you listen same (Christamas) songs over, over, over, over, over and over again. And that's crazy!

Today was listening one station, and christmas song... Maybe next year they can play this crap from summer??? Oh boy... I was so crazy, my neighbour was calling police even - what's your emergency! I said don't call, I'm just listening Spotify and Christmas songs. There's nothing more... This just makes me mad. And you can see what's happening here and how I hate really this Christmas stuff. I'm not listening Spotify radio for a while now.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been suggested again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Don-t-suggest-play-Christmas-Music-after-Christmas/id...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!