Disable pause while type-searching

Hi!

I usually sort my playlists after "added" want to be able to search for any song by simply typing while having the playlist selected.

As it stands right now, If I search for "Give Me Love" I will only get "Give It All" since that song was added later then "Give Me Love". I can typ G-I-V-E but when encountering the space, Spotify pauses the current song and doesnt search anymore.

I was thinking that disabling spacebar from pausing while typing would be a great idea. Kind of like how the marker stops blinking as I am typing this. 

Shoutouts to Chromecast support and having "Starred" again.

Thanks for a great service, cheerio!

Updated: 2015-08-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
blake
Community Legend

Which platform are you suggesting this for? When you have a playlist selected, are you using the built-in filter before typing (Cmd+F on Mac, Ctrl+F on Windows)?

Fred
Community Legend

@blake  if you type, without having activated filter or being in the search bar, the first song that fits what you are typing will automatically be highlighted. But a space does two things, it pauses the music and it will initiate a new search. Also, it searches in the column that has the sorting order. This is at least how it works on Windows. This idea is about being able to include space when typing without pausing. 

blake
Community Legend

Ah, that feature doesn't work on the Mac client, which I just tested.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea requests that when you type-search (without Ctrl/Cmd + F) in a playlist, the spacebar shouldn't pause the current song but act as a regular space for the search.

user-removed
Not applicable

On windows depending on where you have your mouse pointer at. For example if you where typing in the search box and then clicked outside of it say on a playlist and the forgot to click again inside the search box and hit the space bar it will pause the song currently playing. If you stay in the search box with the little blinking type symbol the space bar should not pause the song but move anywhere else by clicking anywhere in the desktop app and the space bar will again pause music. I think this is what the poster of the idea is getting at maybe?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-08-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!