Disable screen lock option (Mobile)

I think it would be a nice feature to add screen sleeping control, by that i mean i would like to have my phone have to have an option,to not let it sleep when I am playing my music so i can get an easier view of what is playing when I set my phone down and see the cd artwork/artist picture. But not as a widget but as the app is running.but

Updated: 2016-01-12

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Screen-always-on-option/idi-p/1300789

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

m447
Casual Listener

This is an option I hope the Spotify team eventually adds. Although I'm not sure if this isn't possible because of restrictions placed by iOS 8.

I often listen to music using the Spotify app on my iPhone at a desk. When listening to music, the screen will dim and then turn off in a short period of time. It's a bit annoying having to unlock the screen each time I want to check out what song I'm listening to, or quickly find another song or playlist. Because my phone is plugged in while in use, battery life isn't an issue.

bj61251
Casual Listener

Definitely a no brainer, I use both PowerAmp and Doggcatcher for media/podcasts as well and they both have this option. It's really annoying to have to unlock my phone to see the name of the current song or artist, especially when driving or at work, when a quick glance could suffice.

Island_Earth

Definitely an important feature (for me) with a fast & easy implementation (i suppose).

dacurb
Casual Listener

Agree.  I recently switched to Spotify from Slacker (a great decision).  The screen-on (when connected to power) setting is the only feature I miss about Slacker.

shouldibedamned
Regular
I would love this option too, it's the biggest downside to the app.
Zooly57

I would like this option too. When the Spotify app is in focus keep the screen on and prevent it from locking. This should be an optional setting.

I would like to see this option in a future release:

Keep screen on when App has focus and (second togglable option) when connected to power.

Thanks!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-01-12

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Screen-always-on-option/idi-p/1300789

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!