[Discord][Partnership] Remove auto-pause after 30 seconds

Before I start the rest of this request, I can say that the fix from Spotify is literally just sending an E-Mail, nothing else.

I was recently informed via Discord Feedback that for some silly reason, one of Spotify's requirements for the Discord integration was whenever the microphone is streaming audio for more than 30 seconds, it would automatically mute Spotify.

There are so many no-brainer problems with this feature

1. It doesn't discern between audio streaming via Screen-Share, so as a result if I want to share audio from Spotify with my friend, it will pause every 30 seconds. (I don't use the traditional chat-based integration because that gets desynced before it even starts)

2. It doesn't register that you're using Push-To-Talk (At least not during calls). AKA holding down a button to speak. If this is the case, the 30-second auto-pause should be disabled entirely. The cause of the microphone playing audio is the user holding down a button, not audio playback.

3. It also activates when you just talk for a while. If you speak for more than 30 seconds. I use Discord for 1 on 1 conversation and I like to have Spotify on in the background. A lot of the time there's more than 30 seconds of constant speech coming from a single person, meaning that Discord will always pause my music every 30 seconds.

As a result, I cannot listen to Spotify at any capacity while playing with my friends. That is a fundamental problem with the integration. The fix is simple, and it's so obvious it should have been there from day 1 of the integration. The fact that it was not, reflects poorly upon both Spotify and Discord.

The only thing Spotify would have to do is send an e-mail telling Discord that they can add an option in the Voice & Video section of their Options to disable this feature. That's it, just an E-Mail.

I contacted Discord support, they told me to go to the feedbacks where this issue was being voted on. There I was shown the image you can find attached. I may not receive a lot of votes on this forum considering I'm backing an issue exclusive for an app that is not Discord, but there are a lot of people with this issue, and the fix is super simple. That particular post has 141 votes but there are numerous other posts like it. 

Attached ARticle.jpg

Updated on 2019-10-03

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-20

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-10-03

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!