[Discover] Add a way to tell Spotify you are playing music you don't like

Sometimes when I'm at work or hanging out with family I have to play music that I don't actually like. For example, at work I need to play chill jazz and I hate chill jazz. Now, all my "Discover Weekly" suggestions are for chill jazz stuff and I hate it. I wish I could click something that put my Spotify into some sort of mode where the songs I play don't count towards the algorithm or what ever that lets spotify know what music I want suggested for me. 

Updated on 2019-05-21

Hey @Jclarahan,

Good news for you! That feature already exists - If you start a Private Session, the music you listen to won't influence your music recommendations, e.g. Discover Weekly.

Private_session_Android_Instagram.png

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
jay_south

Not a fan of chill jazz either... or any jazz, really. :-/ Private Session it up. Nothing you listen to pops up in your Discover Weekly. https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/the_basics/how-to-enable-private-listening/

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-05-21

Hey @Jclarahan,

Good news for you! That feature already exists - If you start a Private Session, the music you listen to won't influence your music recommendations, e.g. Discover Weekly.

Private_session_Android_Instagram.png