[Discover] Crowd Sourced Playlist Suggestions

First of all apologies if this suggestion is a duplicate.

I really like the idea of public playlists for discovering new tracks, but the problem is there's no curation of what is added.

I work in software engineering and in open source (specifically git) you can look at some code and suggest a change and raise the change as a pull request, the community can then discuss the change and if all parties are in general agreement the change can be merged.

It would be cool to do something similar with playlists, fork a playlist to create your own variation on it, submit a merge request and have a community of people with similar tastes decide if it should be added back into the main playlist.

I know everyone has individual tastes but even the curation of tracks could be a neat way to discover new artists.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-03-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-03-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!