[Discover] Erase focus music category from "made for you" recommendations

I love the discover weekly playlist and pretty much all the other automated personalized playlist, I cannot thank Spotify enough for this. 😃

However, recently it has become really annoying for me to deal with music recommendations based on what I'm listening. How is that possible, you might ask yourself. Well, I started listening to background music while I'm trying to concentrate, while I'm working. Therefore I don't listen to anything that contains lyrics, I only listen to playlists from the focus library.

Do I like to listen to those songs? Only when I'm working and then, enjoying the music doesn't matter that much. If I only listen to a single song all the time, but I can keep my atention on what I'm doing, that's perfect!

And that is completly different from what my discover weekly was design to do (at least that is my assumption). Can you PLEASE stop showing any song that is on the focus library on my personalized playlists? I really don't think I'm alone with this one!

It already sucks enough that I have to work half of my awake time, you don't have to remind me of that with the playlists that I love (or used to love if it does not change) the most and it's by far the strongest reason for me to subscribe to premium...

Updated on 2021-07-15

Hey @leopinati,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and apologies for the initial Status Update.

We've reevaluated, but we still have to close this idea as this is already a feature. You can turn on Private listening mode - anything you listen to in such a session will not influence your music recommendations. You can learn more about it here.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing feature.

Cheers!

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2021-07-15

A similar idea has already been discussed here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Customize-Start-Screen/idi-p/4528183

Cheers.

Mihail
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-15

Hey @leopinati,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and apologies for the initial Status Update.

We've reevaluated, but we still have to close this idea as this is already a feature. You can turn on Private listening mode - anything you listen to in such a session will not influence your music recommendations. You can learn more about it here.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing feature.

Cheers!