[Discover] Exclude Audiobooks / Podcasts from Discover Playlists

Hi,

Listening to AudioBooks make the algorithm think, that you like the „musician“ a lot (especially if the audiobook has hundreds of chapters).

So the algorithm will fill your Mixtapes with Audiobook chapters.

This is annoying.

Please remove AudioBooks from Mixtapes !!!

Lets get this a 100 votes so that this will be reviewed by Spotify 🙂

Updated on 2021-05-20

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 500 votes in 18 months. You can read more about the idea process here.

Comments
AlChupete
Regular

And before you ask, Audiobooks are appearing in „My Mixtapes 1-6“

I wonder why the algorithm thinks that Dan Brown is a perfect match for AC/DC. 🙂

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-11-23

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

cleopetra3000
Casual Listener

yes please!

But why did my idea "[All Platforms] Start treating audiobooks as own category not as music! "got flagged as a duplicate of this.
The Problem is the same but the solution isn't. please change status.

Simsöm

It is so annoying that spotify is not working on this!

This issue is messing up all auto-generated playlists not speaking about that my favourite artist is a writer every year.....;(

Simsöm

Please treat audiobooks different from music, the current status is so incredibly annoying!

AlChupete
Regular

Please add your Vote. Commenting only is not eneough

Simsöm

I did!

marlix
Visitor

This is really super annoying 😵. Crazy that nobody has worked on it at Spotify...

... maybe the Spotify employees don't listen to audiobooks or mixtape 🙈🙉🙊

SquidFace

Yes! I am picky about my podcasts and have never used Spotify to listen to podcasts. I don’t want them in my daily mixes. It ruins the music flow. I know some people like this and it makes them feel more like old school radio (including ads, which I thought I could avoid by purchasing premium), but I think an option to opt out would be great. 

fooltwo
Casual Listener

I do not understand why this has not been already introduced years ago. It is just common sense to exclude audiobook content from automatically generated playlists. This would be a basic feature of such a Plattform from beginning and nothing to be asked for by the community.

Related Ideas