[Discover] I feel like every major update has been a downgrade for the past year

Spotify has 3 uses for me.

1 - Listen to what I like

2 - Discover new stuff based on the things I like

3 - Listen to rain, ocean sounds as I sleep

Now, we are good on the first part, no problems. However, my experience on 2 and 3 has been going on a downhill for some time, and the inconvenience is enough that I started to seek alternative streaming services.

I mainly used daily mixes and playlist radios to discover new songs as they are the most specialized at what they do. Or at least did.

As for daily mixes, first they stopped being endless, which I still don't know why, it is not like the 50 I get is in any way better. Then I lost the ability to block songs and artists, because apparently I am not allowed to dislike something anymore. Instead of creating a banned artists section on the app, spotify decided it is best to get rid of the feature to subject everyone to songs they don't want to hear anymore.

After these 2 changes, I had to lower my expectations and start using the playlist radio, which at least had a dislike option although still having issues like including the songs from the playlist for some reason or giving the same songs over and over again despite being "endless". We can't dislike songs on the radio either now. Yet another downgrade as nothing new was introduced to radio feature to at least make up for what was lost. Let me emphasize again why we need a dislike option. Couple of days ago I woke up to **bleep** Creampie by Gina79 as I was sleeping to my rain sounds playlist's radio. Although I did have a good laugh after, it was annoying enough for me to write this post.

The changes you bring to app seems to center producers rather than the customers at their focus. I wanted to say it is getting annoying enough for the long term users of the app who have seen better days of this app.

Updated on 2020-02-13

Hey there,

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Keep in mind that there's already an idea here about reverting the dislike button on Radios and Daily Mixes that you can add your support to.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-02-13

Hey there,

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Keep in mind that there's already an idea here about reverting the dislike button on Radios and Daily Mixes that you can add your support to.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.