Discover Mode for Radio

I'd like to be able to toggle on/off a 'Music Discovery' setting whilst listening to a Spotify Radio Station.

Sometimes I'm happy to hear artists repeated in a Spotify radio station, but sometimes I just want to hear something new.

Instead of changing the radio station algorithm to never repeat artists, like some forum members have suggested, how about letting the user opti-in to Discovery Mode.

It could be implemented into the GUI with a subtle toggle that appears next to the current radio station title. 

original.png

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Fred
Community Legend

Very nice idea! This is actually one of the features I've been waiting for, as radio for me is all about discovering new music. +1 kudo

Namibo
Good idea. Often times I find myself not wanting to "like" a song from radio because improving the station usually means that that artist just becomes overplayed or if I dislike them, it never plays again. I really think the like/dislike system is fundamentally flawed currently
Rocio
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

mbug90
Roadie

bump

Duckfloss

In this day and age of P2P, merely accumulating a lot of music isn't hard. The point of subscription services like Spotify, at least for me, is that they allow one to discover new and/or unfamilliar music. An option to have  radio stations that use playlists fairly loosely as base on which to expand would be great. When i like a artist, song, or a genre, I fequently look he/she/it it up on Amazon.com's Listmania!, where users give reccomendations, which often range far and wide. An option for more diverse spotify radio-play would be great, and I'd also welcome an option allowing radio-play diversity to be modified, directly or indirectly, by fellow listeners' suggestions, à-la Listmania!

Jondalb
Gig Goer

Whats happening with this great idea? I would really like to listen to radio based on playlists without the songs that the playlists contain. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!