Discover Mode for Radio

I'd like to be able to toggle on/off a 'Music Discovery' setting whilst listening to a Spotify Radio Station.

Sometimes I'm happy to hear artists repeated in a Spotify radio station, but sometimes I just want to hear something new.

Instead of changing the radio station algorithm to never repeat artists, like some forum members have suggested, how about letting the user opti-in to Discovery Mode.

It could be implemented into the GUI with a subtle toggle that appears next to the current radio station title. 

original.png

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Enrikoma
Roadie

Generate playlist sorted by song title and text too 

einto
Casual Listener

Both the Radio and Daily Mix is in need for an improvement here. With tons of tunes and artists to chose from in the same category why repeat songs and artists so frequently? For this feature we already have the playlists.
AND be careful with the loved / thumb up buttons since they are very powerful and Spotify (algorithm) seems to think that this is Your only taste in this station/mix iow further adventure in the world of Music goes out the window.

Jondalb
Gig Goer

Whats happening with this great idea? I would really like to listen to radio based on playlists without the songs that the playlists contain. 

melweezer
Casual Listener

yes, I keep getting the same 10 bands pop up in the Radio and Daily Mixes. It's doing my head in! For something with a massive potential, the amount of variety needs to greatly improve. Some songs aren't even in the same genre as the main radio artist. I'm wondering how on earth they're linking them into the station (just because they're an Australian or UK artist, they must be the same as another Australian or UK artist?). As a suggestion, it would be great if you skipped an artist if it never played them again (like pandora used to do). Or if there is some magical way of blocking them that I don't know about, if someone could please let me know I'd be forever grateful!! :)

Jondalb
Gig Goer

Yes please! 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-10-27

Hey everyone, this hasn't had an update in a while so we're back to refresh the status. While this is still 'Not Right Now', we're currently thinking about how users can use some new feedback mechanisms to make radio feel more personalized. Please also let us know if you're seeing the same song over and over, or having any issues with Radio. If so, please let us know in this Help Board. Thanks for your feedback everyone! 

melweezer
Casual Listener

Yep still getting the exact same artists and songs on repeat. If I hear d.d dumbo, methyl ethyl, cub sport, meg mac or boo seeka one more time I think my head will explode. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!