Discover Mode for Radio

I'd like to be able to toggle on/off a 'Music Discovery' setting whilst listening to a Spotify Radio Station.

Sometimes I'm happy to hear artists repeated in a Spotify radio station, but sometimes I just want to hear something new.

Instead of changing the radio station algorithm to never repeat artists, like some forum members have suggested, how about letting the user opti-in to Discovery Mode.

It could be implemented into the GUI with a subtle toggle that appears next to the current radio station title. 

original.png

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-15

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Schattenleuchte
Casual Listener

But maybe i would place more options than on/off. Because i would like to select "mix new with old" so a mix of discovery and your songs. maybe also by different amounts, like more or less new.

So i would like something more like a fader.

Macgaiver
Regular

Sounds good, but i would suggest even simplier, not go so far as exclude whole artists, but only songs:

When this is set to OFF (default for each radio session) the radio algorithm works just like it does now.

When this is set to ON.

• exclude song/album sonds/playlist songs from Radio that is based on this song/album/playlist
mbug90
Roadie

bump

mbug90
Roadie

bump

mbug90
Roadie

bump

mbug90
Roadie

bump

mbug90
Roadie

bump

Broske
Regular

Spotify needs to improve its radio system. That would be an WONDROUS idea if we were able to discover new, or forgotten artists and songs. I don't like it when Spotify tries to imitate Top 40 radio. It gets boring.

I wouldn't mind if the songs only repeated every 10 hours, but every 3 hours, OH MAH GODDD. It's not a biggie, but it sure is a pain in the rear. 

Another issue that I'm having is that the radio forgets my liked tracks. Whenever the same song plays, it doesn't show that it's liked. The exact song is in my "Liked from Radio" playlist, but still it pretends it's not liked. 

Somebody better fix these problems soon or otherwise I'll have to play music on Soundrop. 

mbug90
Roadie

bump

mbug90
Roadie

bump