Announcements

[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2020-06-17

Hey,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience, but this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
We're marking this as 'case closed'.
In the meantime, although this isn't exclusively artists you follow, we'd recommend checking out the 'New releases for you' section under Browse > Discover.

Comments
Royalkeyzlabel
Casual Listener
_q9349-5q4z8f
Casual Listener

I need notifications that alert me of all releases from artists / podcasts / playlists I follow. Radar release simply isn't enough. Please let us opt in for "bell Notifications" how youtube and Netflix have it setup. If you care about your user experience you'd want us to stay as up to date as possible. Radar release playlist is an awful answer to what we are asking for 

ATGM
Music Fan

It sure would be nice for the company to stop pushing their own playlists on users and revert back to stuff like making following artists you actually like useful again.

modrej
Visitor

Well, it is 2020 and Spotify still doesn't let me now about new records of artists I follow. 

Neither notifications nor recommendations in player (either desktop or iOS app) are not working.

And many more bugs and missing basic features. 

Piece of **bleep**. That's not what I want to pay for.

I'm thinking to switch back to Apple Music more and more.

edit: As I'm going through forum now it looks like usefull features are being removed instead of added. Strange philosophy, Spotify.

Tommyshorty
Visitor

I’d love to be able to receive notifications on my iPhone when my friend adds a song to our collaborative playlist. Please introduce this Spotify!

Thanks

Bellaaaa_x3
Visitor

Jeez, I can't believe I googled for the contact to ask if this service will ever work, only to realize someone already complained about this problem four years ago.

My friends are better at updating me about new songs and I don't see or hear from them at least 20 days a month. The terrible YouTube algorithm is better at updating me about releases and I'm watching approximately eight to ten videos a month. Instagram is better at informing me about new stuff from my favorite musicians and I'm only using it a half hour per week.

I just hate to realize some favorite artists or bands released a new song - a month ago. Or a half year. Sometimes even longer.

This is a joke.

Please.

This needs to be a joke.

Like a very, very late April fools joke. A 2016' April fools joke sended with Internet Explorer and the workers didn't realize by now that it's just a joke.

Please don't tell me otherwise 'cause I seriously don't want any other explanation.

Mamie
Regular
I complained about this the minute they took away our perfectly good notification bell. It was the best thing about Spotify. People have been complaining on this thread for years. There’s a lot of speculation about WHY they won’t bring back a feature that worked and users want, but I think unless their leadership changes, we will never get it back. I haven’t bothered adding new music to Spotify in years. I have thousands of my favorite songs back from when it worked, and I don’t have the patience to look for new things, so I just listen to those.
morganlaura
Casual Listener

BRING BACK THE BELL!!!!!!!

There is currently NO way to find out IN REAL TIME when one of the 800+ artists I follow releases new music.

Instead, I receive an email.

Here is what I need to do then:

- My Gmail crops the email from Spotify - because it's too long - so i scroll down, and click "[Message clipped] View entire message" in a new tab;

- I click on EACH ONE of the 50+ new releases, which opens a new Spotify Web Player tab - repeat for each new release;

- I used to select the song/album and "Add to Queue" - but then realised the queue doesn't always sync between devices, meaning I'd wasted countless minutes going through this tedious exercise, only to have to start all over again. Also, I don't necessarily want to listen to all new music at once... so I now have a playlist I've created for new releases.

No I will NOT use your read-made manipulated incomplete ever-changing Release Radar.

- This is such a soul destroying process, that I can't bring myself to do it each Friday upon receipt of your email. So I have a backlog of these emails, I miss out on all my new music, and I get tired of Spotify more and more.

BRING.

BACK.

THE.

REAL-

TIME.

NOTIFICATION.

BELL.

PLEASE.

Mamie
Regular

Yup and yup.

Staff
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-06-17

Hey,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience, but this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
We're marking this as 'case closed'.
In the meantime, although this isn't exclusively artists you follow, we'd recommend checking out the 'New releases for you' section under Browse > Discover.