[Discover] Notifications for New Releases of followed Artists

In the latest update the notification area of new songs from artists you follow was removed. I want it back!
At the moment there is no point to follow any artist because email or mobile push nofications don't work either.
I want to see new songs from the artists I follow somehow.

Updated on 2020-06-17

Hey,
Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your votes to this idea.
We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience, but this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
We're marking this as 'case closed'.
In the meantime, although this isn't exclusively artists you follow, we'd recommend checking out the 'New releases for you' section under Browse > Discover.

Comments
Casual Listener

Yes!! This is a great idea becuase it makes discovering new music so much easier. it feels like a music social media where you get notifications when the artist you follow drops new music.

This also makes "following" artists actually useful, because as of now it does nothing (atleast that i know of).

Music Fan

And what's infuriating is that the option is still in the settings. But for me, notifications never worked even when I'd turn them on and remove Spotify from battery saving options.

So I don't understand the notifications settings tab...

Does anyone know why this feature was removed in the first place? It worked, what was the problem? 

Release Radar and the New Releases emails are nice, but I can't be sure they show all the new releases from all the artists I follow.

Gig Goer

I've given up and now rely on the app Crabhands and swarm.fm. They're the only alternative I've found that reliably finds music by artists I follow and Crabhands even automatically adds it to a playlist.

Regular
Yeah, Release Radar is useless for me because it includes mostly artists I don’t want. I’d have to check it all the time for the rare times it includes someone I follow (which is, I think, the actual goal of Spotify). What I (& everyone else) want is to be able to follow specific artists & get a list of everything those artists, and only those artists, have added to Spotify since I last checked. That is exactly what the bell did. I still use Spotify, but I will never get a paid subscription until this feature comes back.
Casual Listener

Will Spotify tell us why this wasn't classed as a good idea? 

Casual Listener

Interesting how Spotify doesn't even care for this post, not even after 4 years. I also posted this once in the Play Store, but they don't care at all. I think this one of the major functions that Spotify is for besides listening to music. I really can't imagine who thought it's a good idea to remove such an useful thing like push-notifications for followed artists and playlists.

If I have a Spotify account and using my app every day, I want to know if one of my favorite artists got new releases, or someone followed my playlist, or someone edited a playlist im following, or if someone followed me.

Regular

I have so many suggestion but I guess everyone complaining is to much of a (hard)core user or they simply don't care ... Spotify music algorithm especially on Release Radar is total junk. It seems to me that every week I dislike 90% of the songs as it's not only artists I follow. 

Casual Listener

So I posted this yesterday, then got notified it was a duplicate:

"Other platforms such a premium youtube (and free youtube) notifies us of new releases etc from those we subscribe to. Can Spotify not do something similar? I keep on missing new albums! The current form is frustrating, especially when you're paying for premium." 

It shows how much the old feature of notification is being missed... release radar or discover weekly is just not the same as an album notification 

Gig Goer

For anyone still interested in this - I recommend the app crabhands on iOS and Android. It creates a playlist and automatically adds new releases from artists. It requires some training as it will initially pull from any artist you have a saved song from, but over time definitely gets better. And you can't beat the convenience of having them automatically added to a playlist.