[Discover] Preview Tracks on Discover Page

Please bring back the preview button to the discover page. It helped me a lot when going through tracks on the discover page to see which ones I liked. :(

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
SolidSnake35
Music Fan

I agree.

spipasucci
Music Fan

Agree as well - Used that feature daily and have really found myself using discover a lot less without it.

Carina
Community Legend

Wait, can someone tell me what this feature used to do? I don't really use the "Browse"-section but if it's about a song/album/playlist: can you not just click fast through the song's timebar to get the feeling of the song?

Peter__
Community Legend

On old Discover, you could click and hold on any play button and it would give you a preview. It was handy because you could do this without interrupting your current play queue (it would continue where you left off once you let go of the mouse button). 

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

LycidasIsDead

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea why they removed this from the Discover tab, where it was useful, but left it working in other Browse tabs? Is it just broken and not worth fixing? It would definitely be nice to have it back, either way. I used it all the time when it worked.

Carina
Community Legend

Thanks for clearing that up for me, @Peter. Yes, this feature seems to be useful and should be coming back!

siberyah
Regular

Yes, please return the PREVIEW! It is needed.

(And also bring Discover back to the front.)

jawad_ahmed

As others have said, I agree that this should return.  I found it to be an invaluable tool on the discovery page for testing out whether I should give a new artist a listen or not.  I find it really bizarre that this feature would be, so rather randomly, removed like that; sadly a common theme that I've found with Spotify in general.

Leeboy

I completely agree. This was the best way for me to quickly find new music to listen to as the discover page generally does a good job of giving me stuff that I like. without this function, the discover page is now pretty much useless and I have been using spotify much less without this constant stream of new music.

terrible decision in my opinion (and others judging by the amount of posts that came up when I searched for a solution!)